Mother's Rosary


Name: Brenda
Age: 44
Date: 1/24/08

Describe the tattoo which you are most proud of (ex. color, shape, style, etc.):

Well, my favorite tattoo is the SpongeBob SquarePants tattoo on the back of my neck. But the tattoo that I am most proud of is my rosary. It stretches across my lower back and also includes the dates of my parent's passings.

What does it signify?

It's actually a tattoo of a rosary that my mother gave me before she passed away. She and my father were devoutly Catholic. I remember that my mom would pray the rosary every day.

Why did you choose to tattoo?

It certainly wasn't for me; the tattoo I mean. I did it for my mom and dad. Something to both honor them and remind me of them.

How do you feel as a woman with a tattoos?

Just fine, thank you. It's fun. I think it's art; body modification. It's beautiful. I don't think it brings me spiritually closer to my parents or anything. I know that some people get tattoos for that kind of thing. But my rosary reminds me of parents and how much I love and miss them; pure and simple.