Truth & Love

Name: Erin
Age: 20
Date: 1/17/08

Describe the tattoo which you are most proud of (ex. color, shape, style, etc.):

It's the words "truth" and "love" written in Polish in all black in an informal cursive script. The two words run up and down my spine in opposite directions.

What does it signify?

Truth and Love are the two most important traits of a good relationship within families. Every relationship should have those things. They are the qualities that I look for in people. I had it written in Polish because I am from a Polish family and it is my favorite of all heritages. I have always wanted to learn how to speak it.

Why did you choose to tattoo?

My first tattoo is of a cross. I got it to represent a time when I was having trouble in my life and church camp changed it. It was the hardest and best time of my life.

I have always wanted a tattoo on my back. I put it higher on my back so that it's not seen as a "tramp stamp." I wanted it to be in a more personal spot so I could hide it when needed.


How do you feel as a woman with a tattoos?

Fine. Normal. Not any different. The same as I've always been. People always ask why when they find out I have them. It's like they need to give them a reason for the decision I made.