Pisces


Name: Alisha
Age: 29
Date: 2/12/08

Describe the tattoo which you are most proud of (ex. color, shape, style, etc.):

A solid-black tattoo of my astrological sign, Pisces.

What does it signify?

I am most proud of my Pisces tattoo which resides on my left breast. It signifies all of the attributes of a Piscean, sensitivity, duality, and creativity. It is a symbol of my personality and is a constant reminder to remain balanced- which is symbolized with the two fish going in opposite directions or in my case two crescent moons pointing outward yet connected in the middle. I look at this symbol as one that is persistent throughout human history; yin and yang, good and bad, light and dark. The ultimate in human duality.


Why did you choose to tattoo?

I wanted a tattoo I would not regret in old age. Of course I could not guarantee this would be the case, but I will always be born on March 6th and thus will always be a person who resides in that place in the sky where Pisces lives.

How do you feel as a woman with a tattoos?

I remember when I got this tattoo; I was so proud. I went with my friend; we both got tattoos for my birthday. We actually got them in the same room at the same time. It was actually kind of cool. I went to work and one of my co-workers looked at it and said, Isn't it kind of trashy being on your boob?" Trashy, heavens no, but maybe it was. I quickly discounted the boy 'not yet a man' for his haphazard comments. As a woman I felt empowered with my tattoo laden breast. It is a symbol of my own duality nestled on my bosom as if my child in need of nurturing. I will forever nurture this aspect of my life, and so my tattoo sits in an appropriate location- a place that helps to define my womanhood.