Old School Ship



Name: Lauren
Age: 24
Date: 2/24/08

Describe the tattoo which you are most proud of (ex. color, shape, style, etc.):

It's an Old School style skooner. I love Old School. I wanted a Sailor Jerry style boat, but the artist didn't want to copy another person's style. He just whipped this together on a spare sheet of paper and two hours later, it was done.

What does it signify?

I absolutely love sailboats! I went sailing three summers ago up at Pequot Lakes on a beautiful racing sailboat.


Why did you choose to tattoo?

I've decided to start a half sleeve on my left arm. The sailboat tattoo is all by itself right now, but I'm going to add a ton to it. I like how it's popping out, though. All of the other tattoos I have are hiding. I have some on my wrists, one on my ankle, and another one on my back. That one is an Old School heart with a banner. The banner has "Tilly" written on it. Tilly was my favorite cat. She lived 18 years, and I loved her very much.

How do you feel as a woman with a tattoos?

I love love my them! I love my tattoos and I want more! I think they show a lot of someone's character. My parents were kind of disappointed when I got my first one. I was eighteen and I kind of did it just to be different. My family is totally used to them now, even though no one else in my family has them.

I think that at first, I only got tattoos to be different. Now I get tattoos because I honestly love them. I don't really care what others think about them, but I do feel more confident about myself now that I have them. I worked at Little Tijuana's in Minneapolis for a while, and I got a lot more tips when I showed off my tattoos. I'm very proud of every one I have, but I love my sailboat the best.